8 ea Thighs (Boneless, Skinless)
2 T Kosher Salt
1 T Ground Black Pepper
1 C All-Purpose Flour
1 T Olive Oil
1 C Cremini Mushrooms (Sliced)
1 C Yellow Onion (Chopped)
1 T Garlic Clove (Chopped)
1 T Tomato Paste
1 C Dry White Wine
½ C Chicken Stock
12 oz Canned Crushed Tomatoes
2 T Dried Oregano
½ C Fresh Parsley (Chopped)
- Brine Chicken; complete instructions here.
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, melt Butter and heat Olive Oil until foamy.
- Season Chicken pieces with 1 T Salt and Pepper. Roll in Flour.
- Brown Chicken Pieces on each side, turning once. About 5 minutes per side. Remove Chicken, set aside.
- Discard all but 3 T of fat from pan. Over medium heat, sauté 1 T Salt, Mushrooms and Onions until softened about 5 minutes. Add Garlic and Tomato Paste and cook an additional 1 minute or until browned.
- Deglaze pan with the Wine, scraping the bottom of the pan to dislodge any bits stuck to the bottom. Cook until reduced by half.
- Add mushroom mixture along with Chicken, Tomato and Stock to slow cooker. Cook on low for 4 - 6 hours or until chicken is no longer pink in the center.)
- Garnish and serve over pasta.